Friday, December 14, 2007

The War on Iraq

One of my daughters has a step son in the Marine reserves. I'm just told he has volunteered for active duty and will be sent to Iraq. He is such a nice young man and I am pleased, and proud of his courage and commitment to the defense of our country.

But I have been opposed to this war from the beginning that has waisted the lives of some 4,000 US troops and killed undreds of thousands of Iraqi men, women and children. It makes me so sad to see him sucked into it. I just hope and prey that he makes it through this and comes home alive, in one peace, and is not destroyed mentally for the rest of his life.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the very same way about my nephew. He volunteered in the Army and was just sent overseas to Northern Iraq. I too have great respect for our men and women in the military but am very against the war. It is a hard division to be supportive of him when I think it is such a big mistake for us to be there. I too can only pray for his safety and that it doesn't damage him psychologically too much =(

    ReplyDelete