Saturday, September 3, 2011

US and UK TV over the internet for Expats

After messing around with various free VPN sites for 5 years or so I finally signed up for a pay site. I paid for the minimum one year account two cities the US and UK.  The cost was about $55.  It's been working great.  I have a netflix account, you need a US adddress to sign up for netflix,  and we watch movies by connecting the laptop to the tv.  It's nice and keeps the kids watching tv in English.  Last night we watched 4 episodes of Seinfeld on Crackle.com.  My daughter in Switzerland is also using this same setup.  It's easy to use once setup.  Just two clicks and the internet thinks you are in NYC.  Sorry if I sound like a commercial, it's just that after trying free sites this has been great, no commercials and no interruptions.  And it’s fast.

If you want to sign up for it send me a pm with your email address and I will have them send you a message.  Yes if you sign up I will get a credit towards my next years subscription.  That's not enough to make me promote them.  I just think it's a good solution for anyone with a fast internet connection.  Works best if you have a lap top or computer with an HDMI connection to HDMI on your TV.  Or you can just watch on your computer or even your smart phone with wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment